MS Excel MCQ part 1 has 25 practice questions related to Microsoft Excel. Answers are attached at the end of the article.
1. Clear the contents by pressing “DELETE” key from a keyboard will clear
a. Text Only
b. Format Only
c. Contents Only
d. Both Contents and Format
2. Which of the following shortcuts can be used to insert a new line in the same cell?
b. Alt + Enter
c. Ctrl + Enter
d. Shift + Enter
3. What is the quickest way to select entire worksheet?
a. Choose Edit -> Select all from the Menu
b. Click on the first column, press Ctrl, and then click on the last column
c. Click on the first column, press Shift, and then click on the last column
d. Click on the rectangle box on the upper left corner where column headings and row headings meet
4. A smart tag will be removed from a cell when
a. the cell is moved
b. the cell is hidden
c. the data in the cell is changed or deleted
d. the formatting of the cell is changed
5. Which of the following options is appropriate to show the numbers 9779851089510 in a cell?
a. Enclose the number is brackets
b. Place the character T before the number
c. Place the character TX before the number
d. Apply the Text format in the cell and type the numbers
6. Which of the following is correct syntax in Excel?
a. =IF(LogicalTest, TrueResult, FalseResult)
b. =IF(LogicalTest, (TrueResult, FalseResult))
c. =IF(LogicalTest, TrueResult) (LogicalTest, FalseResult)
d. =IF(LogicalTest, TrueResult), IF(LogicalTest, FalseResult)
7. Which of the following is correct?
8. Selecting the Rows 5 & 6 then choose Insert->RoWhat will happen?
a. 2 Rows will be inserted after Row 4
b. 2 Rows will be inserted after Row 5
c. 2 Rows will be inserted after Row 6
d. 2 Rows will be inserted after Row 7
9. If 4/6 entered in a cell without applying any formats, Excel will treat this as
10. If the values in A1 is “MCQ” and B1 is “Questions”, which function will return [email protected] in cell C1?
a. =A1 + [email protected] + B1
b. =A1 # [email protected] # B1
c. =A1 & [email protected] & B1
d. =A1 $ [email protected] $ B1
11. How to fit long texts in a single cell with multiple lines?
a. Start typing in the cell and press the Enter key to start another line
b. Use the Wrap Text option in the Format -> Alignment menu
c. Use the Shrink to Fit option in the Format -> Cells -> Alignment menu
d. All of above
12. If particular workbook have to open each time Excel started, where that workbook should be placed?
a. AUTOEXEC Folder
b. AUTOSTART Folder
c. EXCELSTART Folder
d. XLSTART Folder
13. If the cell B1 contains the formula = $A$1, which of the following statements is true
a. There is a relative reference to cell A1
b. There is an absolute reference to cell A1
c. Further changes in value of A1 will not affect the value of B1
d. Further changes in value of B1 will affect the value of A1
14. Worksheet can be renamed by
a. Adding ? symbol at the end of filename while saving workbook
b. Click on Worksheet tab by Holding CTRL Key and type new name
c. Double Click on the Worksheet tab and type new name
d. Worksheet cannot renamed
15. 1What is the shortcut key to hide entire row?
a. CTRL + H
b. CTRL + R
c. CTRL + 9
d. CTRL + –
16. What is the shortcut key to insert a new comment in a cell?
b. Alt + F2
c. Ctrl + F2
d. Shift + F2
17. Which option allows you to Bold all the negative values within the selected cell range:
a. Zero Formatting
b. Conditional Formatting
c. Compare Formatting
d. Negative Formatting
18. What is the shortcut key to insert new sheet in current workbook?
b. Alt + F11
c. Ctrl + F11
d. Shift + F11
19. Which one is the last column header in Excel 2007?
20. In maximum, how many sheets can be set as default while creating new workbook?
d. No Limit
21. “New Comment” option can be found under _________ tab
22. In Excel, by default Numeric Values appears in
a. Left aligned
b. Right aligned
c. Center aligned
d. Justify aligned
23. To show/hide the grid lines in Microsoft Excel 2007
a. Page Layout -> Grid lines -> View
b. Insert -> Grid lines -> View
c. View -> Grid lines -> View
d. Edit -> Grid lines -> View
24. What will be the result if you type =A1=B1 in cell C1?
a. Yes or No
b. True or False
c. Value of A1
d. Value of B1
25. In Excel _______ may not contain in Formula
a. Text Constant
b. Number Constant
c. Circular Reference
d. All of them
Answers of MS Excel MCQ part 1
|1 – c||2 – b||3 – d||4 – c||5 – d|
|6 – a||7 – b||8 – a||9 – d||10 – c|
|11 – b||12 – d||13 – b||14 – c||15 – c|
|16 – d||17 – b||18 – d||19 – a||20 – b|
|21 – c||22 – b||23 – a||24 – b||25 – c|
Read more: MS Excel
Like us: Facebook page