Operating System MCQ part 1 has 25 practice question with answers attached below .
1.Which of the following is not the user file extension?
2. Which of the following is extension of WordPad?
d. None of above
3. Which of the following is extension of notepad?
4. What is the extension of paint brush?
d. None of the above
5. Which of the following is not a video file extension?
6. What is the extension of font file?
7. Which is not executable file?
8. The __________ key will launch the Start button.
9. The __________ can be defined as an upside down mouse.
10. To access properties of an object, the mouse technique to use is __________.
11. The wheel on a mouse can make it easier to __________.
a. scroll through documents
b. select objects
c. open documents
d. change volume
12. ctrl, shift and alt are called __________ keys.
13. To move to the beginning of a line of text, press the __________ key.
14. The __________ determines how long you must hold down an alphanumeric key before the keyboard will repeat the character.
a. strike rate
b. repeat rate
c. default rate
d. threshold rate
15. The traditional mechanical mouse uses a __________ to track the pointer position on the screen.
a. light sensor
16. To make the number pad act as directional arrows, you press the __________ key.
a. num lock
b. caps lock
c. arrow lock
17. MS DOS was introduced in
18. When was MS Windows operating system introduced?
19. First operating system was developed in
20. How many characters can be entered in a single command line?
21. The maximum length of any single path from the root directory?
22. The modern keyboard typically has __________ Function keys.
23. Disk label name can be up to ….characters
24. In DOS, the maximum length of filename is
25. When you rename a file five times then the number of file in the disk is
Read more: Function of OS
Like our Facebook Page for regular update.
Operating System MCQ part 1 Answers
|1 – c||2 – c||3 – a||4 – b||5 – b|
|6 – a||7 – d||8 – c||9 – b||10 – c|
|11 – a||12 – c||13 – d||14 – b||15 – c|
|16 – a||17 – b||18 – b||19 – c||20 – b|
|21 – b||22 – b||23 – c||24 – b||25 – a|